|On-form: Podolski's stats do not lie, West Ham must hate playing against him!|
|Mr Reliable: Lambert has scored all 34 penalties for Southampton in the league|
Today, I have a bonus post for you to enjoy - where I present some interesting stats and facts involving clubs across Europe, including the EPL, Bundesliga and Liga BBVA. So here we go!
- After The Gunners' 3-1 win during midweek at The Emirates: Arsenal's German forward Lukas Podolski has played 4 times against West Ham, scoring 4 and making four assists!
- Rickie Lambert has scored all 34 penalties that he has taken in league matches for Southampton! Clinical.
- Fulham have not won three games in a row since March 2012... they are currently on a 2-game winning run under Felix Magath but play against Tottenham Hotspur today. Can they do it?
- Chelsea are unbeaten in 77 EPL home matches under Jose Mourinho during his two spells at the club.
- English striker Andy Carroll has scored 14 headers in his 29 goals so far in his EPL spell - using his height to his advantage
- Manchester United striker Robin van Persie is the Premier League's top goalscorer between August 2010 and present day, scoring 85 goals within the time. Liverpool's Luis Suarez is second with 67, and Wayne Rooney is third with 2 goals less!
- Chelsea forward Eden Hazard has been fouled 86 TIMES in the Premier League this season - which is 20 more times than winger Robert Snodgrass (of Norwich)
- Fulham have used 38 players in their games this season, which is an ALL-TIME RECORD! Talk about squad rotation..
- Manchester United have already lost 14 matches in the 2013-14 season, which is their most games lost since 2001-02, when they lost the same amount!
- Chelsea's striking trio Ba, Torres and Eto'o have had a combined total of 46 shots on target in league games this season - while Suarez has 72 on his own!
- Everton winger Kevin Mirallas and Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri are the players who have been most substituted off in league games this season, 16 for each!
- And lastly, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is the most experienced current manager in the Premier League! He has managed 1,439 matches in total, with Crystal Palace boss Tony Pulis coming second with a total of 916 games managed. Sam Allardyce (West Ham) is third, before Pellegrini and Moyes make up the top five.
- Lionel Messi has scored 21 goals and made 12 assists in 27 El Clasico games for Barcelona against Real - which is an all-time record!
|Messi has scored 21 goals and made 12 assists for Barca in 27 El Clasico games against Real|
- Real Madrid have only failed to score in one league match this season, which was against Atletico Madrid, back in September of last year.
- Real Betis have picked up the most amount of red cards in matches this season, with 9!
- PSG striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has had the most shots OFF target in Ligue 1 this season, with 51.
- Italian midfielder Andrea Pirlo has scored six goals for Juventus this season, with all of them coming from direct free-kicks!
- Bayern Munich went on a 53-game unbeaten run, before losing to Augsburg on the 5th of April, then losing to German rivals Borussia Dortmund the week afterwards.
- Chelsea have become the first team in six years to win a Champions League quarter-final after losing the first-leg. They achieved the feat with a 3-2 aggregate victory over Fenerba
- hçe SK in the 2007-2008 season.
- Atlético are through to the last four of the UEFA Champions League for the FIRST TIME, becoming the 27th club in Europe to get this far.
- This is now the third time that two teams from the same city have reached the semi-finals of the Champions League (Real and Atletico).