|Key: Courtois has been an integral part of Atletico Madrid's form in the last two seasons|
|Promising: Courtois has impressed Europe with his solid performances in the past 3 years|
|Quick reflexes: Courtois has established himself as one of the best goalkeepers in Europe|
The young Belgian stopper has developed significantly since his arrival at Stamford Bridge was announced in July 2011 - but he is yet to make an appearance for The Blues to this day.
This is because he has been constantly sent out on-loan to previous club Atletico Madrid, who Chelsea signed him from for £7million pounds back then.
He has recently turned 22, and he has already achieved these accomplishments in his career so far:
- He has won the Ricardo Zamora Trophy (the least goals conceded in Spain) in back-to-back seasons; 2012-13 and 2013-14
- He has won the UEFA Europa League, Copa del Rey, UEFA Super Cup and a runner-up medal in the Champions League
- He became the youngest ever goalkeeper to play for the Belgium national side after being called up in October 2011
- He has 15 international caps for Belgium, and has played 199 matches in total for Genk and Atletico
- He set a new Atletico Madrid record of 820 minutes without conceding a goal at the club's home ground
- He conceded the fewest amount of goals in a substantial amount of matches this past season, helping Atletico to win their first Liga BBVA trophy since 1996 - making 70 saves and keeping 20 clean sheets from 37 matches played in the league