|Second of the summer: United unveiled Shaw, a day after they confirmed Herrera had signed|
"It's a great feeling you know, I thought that the deal would be concluded before the World Cup but I can't believe that it has been done now.
They are the best club in the world and the main reason why I've come here is because the club aspire to win trophies and me as a young lad - I want to do the same. I'm very excited to work with Ryan Giggs and van Gaal, I present my game the exact way that he does and I'm excited to be here."
There has been some news coverage and questions being asked over whether or not the transfer fee is justified, but Shaw has proved himself at the highest level for Southampton in the past season or so and he has the potential to be a good long-term signing for the club in the future.
|Good long-term investment: Shaw has the potential to be one of the best full-backs in the world|
|Record-breaking: Shaw is now the most expensive full-back in the world, at age 18.|
|Experience: Shaw has already played and been capped at international level for England.|
- His defensive contribution is strong, and he has a lot of pace to catch up with defenders
- Struggles to hold onto the ball for a long period of time, and is more likely to pass to a team-mate than go on a selfish run
- Quick feet, has a good pass and his visual awareness is superb
- Poor at man-marking and often wanders away from markers
- Fast on the counter attack and has a good cross
- Does not score many goals, but creates good goal-scoring opportunities
- Good at dribbling with the ball at his feet
- Needs to work on his strength and overall presence in the air also if he is to establish himself as a top-quality defender in the future