You STILL don't believe me? Okay, look:
|Destruction: Germany were dominant throughout the match and exposed the frail Brazil team|
Notable performers in the first 45: Messi, Vlaar, de Vrij and Cillessen.
The second-half was almost a carbon copy of the first, but with a slight twist. Both sides were going for it, seeing as they wanted to win the match and avoid the possibility of extra time and even penalties.
Despite three substitutions and a few silly tackles and challenges, the score remained goal-less; both sides were going for it but lacked the clinical touch.
And then extra-time was upon us. And then it went. No change, still 0-0. A tense finale followed, as it was time for the penalty shoot-out to decide who would face Germany in Sunday's final.
No bold change by new United manager van Gaal this time, as he gave Cillessen his chance to shine from the spot-kicks, as Tim Krul watched on.
- SAVED! 0-0. Good diving block by Romero to stop the weak placement by Aston Villa defender Ron Vlaar, who arguably shouldn't have taken the penalty in the first place.
- GOAL! 1-0 to Argentina. Cool, calm and collected from Barcelona forward and captain Lionel Messi, sends Cillessen the wrong way and slots into the corner.
- GOAL! 1-1. Bayern winger Arjen Robben equalises in the shootout with another good strike, Romero dived the wrong way.
- GOAL! 2-1 to Argentina. What a power strike! Benfica defender Ezequiel Garay with a thunderbolt into the net, and Argentina are back in front!
- SAVED! Argentina now have an advantage! Romero guesses right and dives to his right to stop Sneijder's well placed effort, which was definitely goal-bound. Solid save.
- GOAL! 3-1 to Argentina. Aguero with a low drive into the back of the net out of Cillessen's reach despite guessing the right way. Game over?
- GOAL! Holland pull one back! 3-2. Match point to the Argentinians, but Kuyt slots his penalty calmly into the bottom corner of the net. They score now, they've won.
- GOAL! 4-2 and ARGENTINA ARE THROUGH TO THE WORLD CUP FINAL!!
- Maxi Rodriguez finishes off the clinical shootout with a power strike, Cillessen parries but the ball bounces off the crossbar into the net.
|Through to the final! Argentina have done it the hard way, on penalties.|