Sunday 3 February 2013

Q&A - All things, Manchester United:

Experiment: This is my first Q&A on my blog, where I question a selected person.


This is just an experiment, because I was curious and I wanted to know what everyone's opinions on the EPL and their club in general was. 

This Q&A is with one of my school friends about his beloved Manchester United team, but I am unsure whether or not it will continue due to the lack of people available for me to question them about football. Maybe, maybe not.. 

Q: Do you think Manchester United will win the EPL this season?

A: In my honest opinion, I do believe that if United keep up their form then they can win the title. Even though they are 7 points ahead at the moment, you just have to look at what happened last season to know that it is all still to play for. 
Plus, they have a huge Champions League match coming up against Real Madrid, so if their confidence levels rise/fall, that may be the key for the rest of the season.

Q: How do you feel about Wilfried Zaha joining United, and do you think you should have signed more players in the January transfer window? 

A: Hmm.... No I do not believe that Ferguson should have bought any more players to be honest, we may have some defensive frailties at the back but we have depth. 
I am excited to see what Zaha brings to the team, but it is important that he gets playing time, and I am sure that he will turn out to be a great football player. 

Q: Who do you think will win the Champions League this season, and why?

A: I think that it is obviously going to be Barcelona this season, because they seem unstoppable in every competition and just to make matters worse the likes of Iniesta, Xavi and Messi would rip teams apart. 

Q: Who is your favourite player and why?

A: I do not have a favourite player, because nowadays there are so many great players. The standout players for me are Radamel Falcao, Julian Draxler and Wayne Rooney.

Clinical: Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao has scored 18 goals this season.
Under-rated: Schalke midfielder Julian Draxler is one of the best young midfielders in the world.
Better: Wayne Rooney has played much better for United after his change of attacking position this season.

Falcao because even though I do not like him, you simply cannot deny his ability to score goals.
Draxler is a young and under-rated midfielder who could go onto becoming one of the best in the world, especially as a German and since Rooney's change of position, he has done quite well. 

Q: Who is the best player in the current United squad and why?

It's a no contest really in my opinion.. it has to be Robin van Persie because ever since he joined the club in the summer, he has made an immedate impact to the team and has saved us on more than one occasion. Definitely worth the £24million. 

Q: Messi or Ronaldo?

Q: Who will get relegated this season, and why?

In my honest opinion, I think that Aston Villa, QPR and Wigan will all go down because at the moment, not 1 of these teams has shown why they deserve to be in the best league in the world. QPR have so much money, yet they are in the bottom three. Aston Villa keep putting their trust in inexperienced young players, and Wigan will regret selling Victor Moses to Chelsea, seeming as he was their talisman and now he hardly plays for them. 

Q: Who is your ideal manager to replace Sir Alex Ferguson?

There is only one person in my mind who can replace Alex Ferguson, and that man is Pep Guardiola. I say this because he is one of the only managers who has the same work ethics as Ferguson, "you either do what I say or go somewhere else."
Plus, he has proved to be one of the most successful managers in world football, despite being one of the youngest aswell. 

Q: Who will finish in the top 4 this season, excluding the Manchester clubs? 

In my opinion, I think that Tottenham will come 3rd, and Everton will come 4th in the table because due to current form, they both seem to be really good contenders and at the moment, Chelsea are not on the same level as them. They are not as consistent, and keep dropping points against sides that you would expect them to beat. 


Q: Who do you want United to sign in the summer and why?

I want Stoke goalkeeper Asmir Begovic, because he is consistent, and has proven to be a strong force when it comes to shot-stopping. 
Also, I would love Real Madrid winger Cristiano Ronaldo.
I know that it is a little far fetched, but I enjoyed and loved every minute of him playing for United, and I would be more than happy to see him in a United shirt again.. 

Impressive: Asmir Begovic is wanted by many clubs all over the world after his consistent display for Stoke.
Second spell? Ronaldo is wanted back at Manchester United for a second spell in the summer.
 
If you want to be involved in the next Q&A, just email me at football365247mo@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment