- Colombia have already qualified and secured their place in the knock-out rounds, having beaten both Greece and Ivory Coast in their opening two matches
- Ivory Coast are currently 2nd in the group, and will progress to the Last 16 if things stay the way they are
- Greece and Japan both have a chance to still join Colombia in the knock-out rounds
- For Greece to progress: They have to beat Ivory Coast comfortably (positive goal difference) and hope that Japan do not beat Colombia
- For Japan to progress: They have to beat Colombia and hope that Greece do not beat Ivory Coast
|Clumsy and reckless: Porto striker Jackson Martinez was fouled inside the area by Konno|
|Opener: Cuadrado broke the deadlock from the penalty spot in the 18th minute|
First, midfielder Panagiotis Kone was replaced after 8 minutes, due to a pulled hamstring. Then, goalkeeper Orestis Karnezis went down clutching his back, and despite treatment from the physios, he was replaced after 5 minutes of testing out whether he would be okay to continue.
|Risk: Karnezis went down to ground, clutching his back - and then he tried to continue|
|Samaris pounces on an Ivorian defensive mistake to break the deadlock before half-time|
|How about that for a shock? Samaris celebrates his opener, to give Greece the lead|
22:05 - Second-halves have begun, 1-1 in the Japan vs Colombia match and 1-0 to Greece against Ivory Coast.
22:15 - GOAL! Colombia make it 2-1, thanks to Jackson Martinez! A great run and dribble past the opposition defence from substitute James Rodriguez, before passing the ball into Martinez's path who smashes the shot into the corner of the net!
|Power strike: Martinez makes it 2-1 to the Colombians after good play by James Rodriguez|
|Back in the lead: Martinez celebrates his first goal at this year's World Cup|
Japan 1 Colombia 4 - Another two second-half goals from Martinez and James Rodriguez gives the Colombians another win in the group, and ensures that they finish out of Group C as the winners.
Greece 2 Ivory Coast 1 - Greece pull out a late shock to score in the dying seconds from the penalty spot (Samaras) to send the Africans home.
|Samaras celebrates sending Greece through to the knock-out rounds along with Colombia|